BRIGHTLIGHT_2021 - collaborating across the UK
BRIGHTLIGHT_2021 is the overarching name for a new programme of research projects designed to answer the question: Do specialist services for teenagers and young adults add value?
The original five studies were funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) through their Programme Grant for Applied Research funding stream (grant reference RP-PG-1209-10013). These focused on:
- The environments in which care is delivered
- The competencies of healthcare professionals delivering care
- Young people’s experience of care
- The cost of care (to the NHS and also to young people and their families)
- Developing a metric to quantify specialist care.
The BRIGHTLIGHT programme is delivered with young people, for young people.
The collaboration originally involved clinicians and researchers from London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Southampton, but we are now collaborating with teenagers and young adults’ (TYA) teams across the UK. If you are interested in being involved in our work or in collaborating with us, please get in touch.